What is CIW
The CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) program is the world’s largest and fastest-growing Internet certification. CIW is a comprehensive information technology certification for the knowledge economy, with specific job roles and vendor-neutral content covering multiple hardware and software vendors.
About the CIW Certification Program
CIW is a vendor-neutral certification program designed to help career changers enter the IT industry, and help experienced and vendor-certified professionals build on existing IT skills.
CIW spans various IT disciplines — including Web site design, enterprise development, network administration and security — as well as cross-functional areas that combine other disciplines, such as Web site management and Web development. The choices offered by the CIW program allow individuals to focus on pursuing personal interests and talents.
Size and Credibility of CIW Program
CIW is the largest IT job-role certification program. It is increasingly recognized and accepted as the standard vendor-neutral certification by corporations, academic institutions, commercial training centers and industry publications.
- More than 45,000 CIW certifications have been earned.
- More than 800 CIW Authorized Training Providers offer the training and certification in more than 64 countries.
- CIW offers four master-level certifications: Master CIW Designer, Master CIW Administrator, Master CIW Web Site Manager and Master CIW Enterprise Developer.
- Intel, Novell and iGeneration have all merged their Internet certification programs with CIW.
- IBM and Hewlett Packard use CIW in their corporate training programs.
- CIW is endorsed by the International Webmasters Association (IWA). It is also endorsed and supported by the National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies (NWCET).
History of CIW
The acronym “CIW” was adopted to represent a family of professional certifications and associated curriculum originally known as the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW). Originally covering specialized Internet technologies used by professionals, today’s CIW programs have expanded. CIW certifications now validate skills and expertise in more advanced and diverse IT disciplines, such as server administration, security, application development, programming languages and enterprise solutions, as well as computer and Web skills practical for every job. As a result, the program title was modifed to Certified Internet Web Professional.
For more information visit the CIWcertified web site.
Search for schools offering CIW Certification.